11.14.2011

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 (2011) Review


Directed by: Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman
Starring: Christopher Nicholas Smith, Lauren Bittner, Chloe Csengery, Jessica Tyler Brown

Where do I even begin? I guess first I should say that I hated the first two movies in this franchise. So why did I watch the third? Well I really don't know, maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. But I can honestly say that I really wish I hadn't seen this film.
If you've seen PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 1 and/or 2 then you will know exactly what to expect from this third offering.

The movie is shown via VHS footage which was taken in 1988. It centers on Katie and Kristi when they were obviously much younger. As you might expect, strange things start happening around the house and the girls' stepfather Dennis decides that he is going to film EVERYTHING. So it's lucky that his job just so happens to be filming weddings and he conveniently has an assload of video equipment. Cameras are set up in the girls' bedroom and various other rooms in the house and finally they catch some weird shit on film. But of course their mother thinks that this is all ridiculous and doesn't even want to watch any footage, even though Katie and Kristi are obviously scared shitless. Things get worse, they take a trip to the grandmother's house and things continue to get worse.

It's the same setup as the first two films and it is comprised of the same cheap scares and boring, repetitive camera shots. I don't know about you, but after seeing a strange shadow or a light fitting fall out of the ceiling for the millionth time I kind of get over it. The movie is around 90 minutes long and nothing really happens for the first hour or so. Then all of a sudden all of the exciting shit is crammed into the last half hour. And it's not even that exciting. In fact all of the footage that you may have seen in the trailers, isn't even in the actual movie!

I really can't be bothered writing anything else about PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 because it is complete and utter crap. In fact I went and watched it with my fiance and we both almost fell asleep. Not even kidding. Do yourself a favour and stay away.




No comments:

Post a Comment