7.20.2011

THE DARK TOWER Crumbles As Universal Backs Out



I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this news. I'm a massive Stephen King fan, and THE DARK TOWER series is one of my favorite stories ever. It would be really interesting to see it adapted on the big screen, but at the same time I doubt anybody could ever do it justice. Adapting the books as director Ron Howard planned (Three films with tv series' in between) would be a massive undertaking, so it's not at all surprising that Universal have dropped THE DARK TOWER due to financial problems.

Universal stated “Universal brass loved the filmmakers and the project, but couldn’t make it work with the current budget in its business model.”

So now the filmmakers have the colossal task of finding somebody else to fund one of the most ambitious film projects in history. I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this, so stay tuned for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment